Moegirlpedia would welcome your assistance in improving this article☆Huu~Ah\(^O^)/
|Symbolic Characters||Astro Boy, Optimus Prime|
|Related Moe Points||Gynoid, Android|
A robot is a machine device that automatically performs work. It is also one of the moe points in ACG subculture.
The concept of robots in the world has gradually become consistent. Generally speaking, people can accept the statement that a robot is a machine that realizes various functions by its own power and control capabilities. The United Nations Organization for Standardization has adopted the definition of robots given by the American Robotics Association: "A programmable and multifunctional operating machine; or a special system that can be changed by a computer and programmable actions to perform different tasks."
(It should be noted that although the Chinese name of "robot" has the word ren (人 meaning "person"), the robot is not limited to a human form)
Robots are generally composed of actuators, driving devices, detection devices, control systems, and complex machinery.
In most sci-fi works, robots have a human appearance and even wear various fashionable mechas. They are quite smart. "WALL-E" produced by Disney is a representative of this type of robot. There is also a mecha type. They protect humans and are controlled by humans. There are many such robots in the Mobile Suit Gundam series. The other type is moe. They don’t have prestigious equipment, cool appearance, and no various tricks. They just bring happiness to people. They are not war robots, but peaceful "humanoids", as the protagonist in the Sino-Japanese co-operative film "Astro Boy" is an example. There is also the all-rounder. Like R2D2 and C3PO in "Star Wars", when they greatly assisted the characters, they accompanied them like partners , and then these two became the characters with the most appearances.
Relationship with Mecha Girl
Strictly speaking, there is a difference between a robot and Mecha Girl, and the two are not equivalent.
The robot contains the first type of machine maid, and the first type of machine maid contains a part of the robot, and the other two types of machine maid are not robots. 
(The robots that do not belong to mecha girls are listed here. For the robots belonging to mecha girls, please refer to the entry of Mecha Girl.)
- Astro Boy————Astro Boy
- Optimus Prime, Megatron, etc. ————Transformers
- Doraemon, Dorami————Doraemon
- Orbital 7————Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL
- Haier Brothers————Haier Brothers
- Connor, Markus, Kara, etc. ————Detroit: Become Human
- Bastion, Zenyatta, Tekhartha ————Overwatch
- Pathfinder————Apex Legends
- VEGA————Doom series
- Capri, Electro Boy, 006, Bully, Jack, Sara, etc. ————Electro Boy
- Janperson———— Tokusou Robo Janperson
- Kikaider, Kikaider 01, Kikaider 00, Hakaider———— Android Kikaider
- KIBO————Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
- ED-E, Codsworth, CVRIE, Ada, etc.———— Fallout series
- ROBO_Head————Cytus II
ACG works about robots
- Astro Boy
- Challenge of the GoBots
- Mobile Suit Gundam
- Voltron: Defender of the Universe
- Nanomachine - a more microscopic robot.
- For the detailed description of the three kinds of machine girls, please refer to the entry "Mecha Girl"