- For the character in the game Soul Knight, please see Robot (Soul Knight).
- For Moegirlpedia's bot accounts, please see Moegirlpedia:Bots.
This science fiction-related article is under construction.
As you read this article, you're welcome to participate in editing this page. Before editing, please read the wiki quickstart, edit guidelines and retrieve relevant information.We wish you a good time on Moegirlpedia.
|Symbolic Characters||Astro Boy|
|Related Moe Points||nanomachine|
A robot is a machine device that automatically performs work. It is also one of the moe points in ACG subculture.
The concept of robots in the world has gradually become consistent. Generally speaking, people can accept the statement that a robot is a machine that realizes various functions by its own power and control capabilities. The United Nations Organization for Standardization has adopted the definition of robots given by the American Robotics Association: "A programmable and multifunctional operating machine; or a special system that can be changed by a computer and programmable actions to perform different tasks."
Robots are generally composed of actuators, driving devices, detection devices, control systems, and complex machinery.
In most sci-fi works, robots have a human appearance and even wear various armor. They are quite smart. WALL-E produced by Disney is a representative of this type of robot. There is also a mecha type. They protect humans and are controlled by humans. There are many such robots in the Mobile Suit Gundam series. The other type is moe. They don’t have prestigious equipment, cool appearance, and no various tricks. They just bring happiness to people. They are not war robots, but peaceful "humanoids"; one example is Astro Boy in the 2009 movie Astro Boy. There is also the all-rounders, like R2D2 and C3PO in Star Wars; they greatly assisted the characters, they accompanied them like partners , and then these two became the characters with the most appearances.
Robots that have a human-like appearance are called androids (male) or gynoids (female), though "android" is sometimes used for both genders.
ACG works about robots
Template:Classical list reminder
Characters that are robots
- Astro Boy————Astro Boy
- Mega Man, Roll, Proto Man, etc. ———— Mega Man series
- Optimus Prime, Megatron, etc. ————Transformers
- Doraemon, Dorami, etc. ————Doraemon
- Orbital 7————Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL
- Haier Brothers————Haier Brothers
- Connor, Markus, Kara, etc. ————Detroit: Become Human
- Bastion, Zenyatta, Tekhartha ————Overwatch
- Pathfinder————Apex Legends
- VEGA————Doom series
- Capri, Electro Boy, 006, Bully, Jack, Sara, etc. ————Electro Boy
- Janperson———— Tokusou Robo Janperson
- Kikaider, Kikaider 01, Kikaider 00, Hakaider———— Android Kikaider
- KIBO————Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
- ED-E, Codsworth, CVRIE, Ada, etc.———— Fallout series
- ROBO_Head————Cytus II
- WALL-E, EVE, etc. ———— WALL-E
- Nanomachine - a microscopic robot.