- Welcome to Moegirlpedia, here is the discussion board. This page is for questions about how to use or edit Moegirlpedia or other things about Moegirlpedia.
- We are all volunteers, so sometimes replies can take some time. Please be patient. Check back on this page to see if your topic has been replied.
- You can click here to add a new topic.
- For the Chinese discussion board, click here.
Welcome to the Moegirlpedia discussion board!
You can speak freely!
But don't use it as an excuse to attack other people.
Others, like us, are not perfect.
Please respect other people's comments.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Notice: About User Group in En/Ja MoegirlPedia
En/Ja MoegirlPedia has been maintaining the same user group in Zh MoegirlPedia temporarily,which means that you are seen as a partoller, sysop or bureaucrat in En/Ja if you are partoller, sysop or bureaucrat in Zh, and vice versa.
- Let me rephrase this.
- "English and Japanese Moegirlpedia will be maintaining the same user group status as Chinese Moegirlpedia for now.
- "This means that if you are a patroller, sysop, or bureaucrat in EnMGP or JaMGP, you will also be a patroller, sysop, or bureaucrat (and thus maintain the same user group status and rights) in ZhMGP; and vice versa (ZhMGP patrollers are also EnMGP patrollers, etc.)
- "But we suggest that you use your local discussion boards to apply for these user group rights if you edit more on these locals. (So, use this board to apply for, say, patroller if you edit mostly in EnMGP. )"
- --金萌桥姬, ZhMGP Sysop
- Also, the same sysop noted that this "auto user group link", one may call, may be broken later. --GYARI! GYARI! GYARI! ONE-SIX is no longer "公的驱逐舰"! Talk·Recent Edits 23:17, 28 February 2020 (CST)
Update June 2020: It is now confirmed that the user groups in EnMGP (and JaMGP as well) will soon be separated from those of ZhMGP. It is still unknown when this will be implemented; however, it is assured that the current user groups would not change; that means if you are a patroller in ZhMGP currently you would still be one in EnMGP and JaMGP; however, things might change depending on your behaviours on these sites later on. --
Moegirlpedia:~ Leranjun$ Home · Talk · Contrib 18:45, 17 June 2020 (CST)
Petition for enacting policy
I hereby petition for the enactment of User:公的驱逐舰/Provisional_Policy/User_group_policy. This is a translated and adapted excerpt from the original Chinese Moegirlpedia policy to be used to govern the actions, responsibilities, applications, and removals of authorities and Good Editor status in English Moegirlpedia, necessary at this time as the user group rights are still linked between ZhMGP and EnMGP. If adopted, this policy draft should be moved to Project:Provisional user group policy and protected.
I hope for unanimous consensus from the current community.
- (＋)Support,I looked the policy,and I belive that have a rule is necessary.---Carryye(Meeting) 23:13, 6 March 2020 (CST)
- (＋)Support, but I do think "Aye" and "Nay" is kinda informal for a serious discussion situation tho… -- Frank-san (Leave a message) 07:33, 16 May 2020 (UTC)
- "Aye" and "Nay" are what many legislative bodies in the English speaking world uses for simple voice votes, so I decided that they fit the context better and can be easily differenciated from standard "agree" templates and the like. Also I need to update that policy a bit, things have changed recently. —COVID be gone! One-Six A.K.A."公的驱逐舰" Talk·Recent Edits 08:43, 24 May 2020 (CST)
Request to Merge Template:Quoted from other wikis and Template:FromOther
I created Template:Quoted from other wikis yesterday, copying from the Chinese Moegirlpedia. However I have just found out about Template:FromOther today. Comparing the content of both templates I realised that there are some slight differences, not only in the wording but also in the content. I'm not sure which one to keep, so I'm posting here to see what everybody thinks about this.-- Frank-san (Leave a message) 08:19, 15 May 2020 (CDT)
- @Leranjun Notice that we already had Template:From_other_wiki. I will recommend merging those two since their parameters are the same (you can even move the document page, like, right now: your doc is much better than the older one); but I will very much like to see migration to Template:FromOther eventually. There is still transclusion; can you fix those? --COVID be gone! One-Six A.K.A."公的驱逐舰" Talk·Recent Edits 17:05, 15 May 2020 (CDT)
- @One-Six Thanks for the notice. I have already merged the Template:From other wiki and Template:Quoted from other wikis. However, I noticed that there are slight differences in terms of the usage of the templates, so I'd like to ask whether or not it is possible to see all pages that included the template and change them. Thanks again.-- Frank-san (Leave a message) 00:07, 16 May 2020 (CDT)
Signature time zone was set to UTC now due to a bug.
Hi girls and guys,
we found a bug that preventing timezone settings in user Special:Preferences to take effect. Therefore all users' signature time become CDT as localtimezone were set to US central time before. We now change that settings to UTC0. We are not sure why user timezone settings were not taking effect, and trying to fix that.
ijou -- Baskice(talk) 07:32, 16 May 2020 (UTC)
- Seems like it's working on the Chinese site, but not here. (There is an option to use user-defined time in signature there, but I don't see the option here in the preferences panel.) --
Moegirlpedia:~ Leranjun$ Home · Talk · Contrib03:14, 17 May 2020 (UTC)
What should I work on?
- Welcome, @Williamcl! I noticed you have no edit record in either ZhMGP or EnMGP. If you can read Chinese, please read zhmoe:Help:Wiki入门 and zhmoe:Help:萌娘百科编辑的快速养成方法-从入门到精通, especially if you have no experience of editing in MediaWiki websites like Wikipedia. If you'd like, welcome to join our non-official QQ Group of EnMGP: 650556408.
- As for your question, I'd like to ask: what are you interest in among MGP? Maybe you can start from anything you like. After all, you need love to write or translate articles as a volunteer editor (lol). Anyway. welcome again, and looking forward to see your contributions. - C8H17OH (talk) 21:58, 27 June 2020 (CST)