|Group Name||Wagakki Band (和楽器バンド)|
|Country of Origin||Japan|
|Category:Wagakki Band songs|
Wagakki Band (和楽器バンド) are a Japanese 8-people rock-traditional band.
- Eight-member rock band, using four Japanese wind instruments: shakuhachi, koto, shamisen and taiko, as well as Western instruments such as guitar, bass, drum set, etc. At the same time, because the lead singer Yuko Suzuhana has the status of a poetry teacher, the band's music style combines Japanese style poetry and rock.
- In 2012, Daisuke Kaminaga formed a Japanese-style band called Hanafugetsu with Yuko Suzuhana and Hiroshi Ibukuro; in 2013, they started their activities as Yuko Suzuhana with Wagakki Band, and switched to their current name in 2014.
- Hanafugetsu's activities do not confict with those of Wagakki Band.
(To be added)
- In February 2012, Hanafugetsu was founded. In October, their cover of famous VOCALOID song "Tsuki Kage Mai Ka" was a hit. Through this opportunity, "Yuko Suzuhana with Wagakki Band" was formed.
- In January 2014, it was changed to its current name; in March, the album "Vocalo Zanmai" was released, which included many well-known VOCALOID songs covered by the band, among which "Senbonzakura" exceeded 100 million on YouTube. They were also frequent guests to Music Station Super Live; in August, their original single "Hanabi" was released.
- In February 2015, the single "Ikusa/Nadeshikozakura" was released. "Ikusa" was used as the opening theme of the anime Samurai Warriors. In May, the single "Hanafurumai" was released; in September, the album "Yasou Emaki" was released.
- From January 2016 to February 2017, the band released a total of four singles: "Strong Fate", "Valkyrie/Eyes", "Kishikaisei" and "Okinotayuu", of which the two songs included in "Valkyrie/Eyes" are the theme song and ending song of the TV animation Sousei no Onmyoji; in March, the album "Shikisai" was released.
- In August 2017, In August 2017, they re-interpreted the famous Chinese music song "Dong Feng Po"; in September, "Amenochi Kanjouron" was released; in November, the collection album "KISEKI BEST COLLECTION+" was released.
- In January 2018, "Yukikage Boushi" was released, in March, in April, the album "Otonoe" was released, in October, the single "Sasameyuki" was released, which was used as the theme song for the movie Koi no Shizuku.
- In 2019, a total of two singles were released: "Appare ga Seiki" released in January, and "REACT" released in November.
- In 2020, the second collection album, "Kiseki BEST COLLECTION II" was released.
(more to come)
- Yuko Suzuhana (铃华ゆう子)
- The lead singer and keyboardist. The "Hana" in the stage name comes from the chant "Shenghua" of Wagakki. At the age of 3, he began to learn piano, and at the age of 5, ahe began to learn poetry and dance. She is a wagakki teacher at the Tokyo University of Music's Piano Department. In addition to reciting poetry, there are also activities as a composer, pianist and host.
- Hiroshi Ibukuro (いぶくろ圣志)
- Plays the koto, he was dispatched by the Agency for Cultural Affairs of Japan when he was in high school to perform in China, and later performed in eight countries including South Korea, Vietnam, and Iran. In addition to public performances, there is also a collection of twenty-five-stringed koto scores published by the Whole Music Score Publishing House. Possibility of combining multiple parties and combining musical instruments with Western instruments. In addition, he participated in the -REN-, which he shared with Nakamura Renshu.
- Daisuke Morinaga (神永大辅)
- Plays the Shakuhachi, he began to study at the age of 18 and won the first grade in the quasi-normal examination and normal examination in Dushan Liu Shakuhachi, and obtained the bamboo name "Duoshan". He has experience in performing overseas in more than ten countries. He has served as a shakuhachi lecturer in universities and other educational institutions, and has also played as a shakuhachi in other bands.
- Beni Ninagawa (蜷川べに)
- Plays the shamisen, she learned Tsugaru shamisen and folk songs when he was young, but due to the trauma to his throat at the age of 15, he turned to Tsugaru shamisen with all his strength. At the same time, she is also active as a model and actress.
- Kurona (黑流)
- Plays the taiko, and participated in overseas performances in more than 15 countries. In addition, he founded the band "Crow×Class ~Black Crow Group~" organized by Kurona himself, under the name of "Black Ryu-Kurona-", he is in charge of the lead vocals and taiko in that band.
- Machiya (町屋)
- Plays the guitar. He is also the harmony part of the band. In the well-known independent band "m:a.ture", he is the lead singer and guitarist under the name of "Oumura".
- Asa (亚沙)
- Plays bass. Because of her long hair, name, and looks, she is often mistaken for a woman, but is in fact just an authentic beauty.
- Wasabi (山葵)
- Plays drums, he was born in Anshan City, Liaoning Province, China, and grew up in Okayama City. His father is Chinese and his mother is Chinese-Japanese. He started playing drums at the age of 15. In addition to pop rock music, he also cooperated with dance and drama, and also participated in song recording. The youngest member of the group has calm and proud playing skills. Often playing topless and with a writing on his back, it became his characteristic.
In addition, there is the band Hanafugetsu composed of Yuko Suzuhana, Hiroshi Ibukuro and Daisuke Morinaga.
(to be added)