What is Moegirlpedia?
Moegirlpedia is a wiki (encyclopedia) site for ACG, and mainly contains female characters, moe anthropomorphism works, and (Chinese authors') original works.
How is it run?
- Since March 2020, Moegirlpedia has been owned and operated by Hangzhou Mengpai Network Co., Ltd (Former name: Shaoxing Mengpai Network Co., Ltd).
- The main operations of Moegirlpedia are as follows:
- In compliance with the laws of the server location (People's Republic of China) and the policies of Moegirlpedia, everyone may create and edit articles freely.
- Guidelines are regulated by community discussions and enforced by the volunteer maintenance group to standardize content.
- Media operations, technical support, and other off-site outreach projects are the responsibility of Staff members.
What is the aim?
Moegirlpedia has three main tenets:
- Encourage original works. Preserve those of quality.
- Build up a complete, accurate ACG encyclopedia.
- Promote science, arts and love and peace through lovely moegirls.
Composition of maintenance group
The background maintenance of Moegirlpedia is currently carried out by Staff users.
EnMGP article milestones
|Days in between
|22:12, 14 January 2013
|First article Green Dam Girl was created by Nostalgia.
Moegirlpedia is a non-profit project.
Data from WikiApiary:
For more information, see WikiApiary.
Short of contributors
- As the wiki is not popular in Mainland China and new users are young, many people are scared when it comes to learning wikitext.
- In comparison to English and Japanese users, Chinese users are more likely to accept contents passively, but not adding actively. (Too many freeloaders!)
- There are fewer users and contributors than Chinese Moegirlpedia.
- Many advanced features require highly skilled programmers.
- Maintaining the website requires these programmers to update the programs continuously, too.
It is inevitable that content may be pirated and the copyright notice intentionally removed.
- Certain encyclopedias connive or encourage users to copy the contents of Moegirlpedia and deliberately remove the license.
- Some spam websites rip off Moegirlpedia contents and add them to their sites.
English Moegirlpedia uses the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Note that EnMGP and ZhMGP do not use the same license. You are not allowed to transfer contents between them.
- English Moegirlpedia was set up on 8 January 2013 together with the Japanese version. As a tradition, the first article was Green Dam Girl.
- Moegirlpedia is a free encyclopedia that anyone can edit. That means everyone may claim herself or himself a 'contributor' of Moegirlpedia.
Please notice that these claims do not represent Moegirlpedia's position. Moegirlpedia reserves the litigation rights to any individual or entity that counterfeit or abuse the name, trademark or copyright of Moegirlpedia.