Moegirlpedia would welcome your assistance on improving this article☆Kira~
VOCALOID (Japanese:ボーカロイド) is a singing voice synthesizer developed by Yamaha.
It uses synthesizing technology with specially recorded vocals from voice actors or singers. To create a song, the user must input the melody and lyrics.
VOCALOID was created under the name "Daisy", in reference to the song "Daisy Bell", but for copyright reasons, this name was dropped in favor of "Vocaloid".The source of the word "VOCALOID" has 2 kinds of claims:
- "VOCALOID" consists of the word "vocal" and the affix "- oid", it means "Something that can sing".
- "VOCALOID" consists of the words "vocal" and "Android", it means "A singing robot".
The development of Vocaloid started in March 2000.
The first Vocaloid (also abbreviated V1 later) was officially released on January 15, 2004.
Vocaloid 2 (also abbreviated V2) was released in Janurary, 2007.
Vocaloid 3 (also abbreviated V3) was released on October 21, 2011.
Vocaloid 4 (also abbreviated V4) was released in December, 2014.
Vocaloid 5 (also abbreviated V5) was released on July 12, 2018.
If the voice from a Vocaloid was not tuned, the output will usually be unnatural and too electronic.
In V1 to V3, there were 10 tuneable features.
Two new features were added in V4.
- VEL, Velocity
- Affect the length of the initial consonant. The higher the value is, the shorter the duration of the initial and the faster the pronunciation.
- DYN, Dynamics
- Affect the volume. The higher the value, the higher the volume. It can also be used to achieve the effect of gradually enhance or weaken.
- BRE, Breathiness
- BRI, Brightness
- CLE, Clearness
- OPE, Opening
- Simulate the opening and closing of the mouse by changing the tone
- GEN, Gender Factor
- POR, Portamento Timing
- PIT, Pitch Bend
- PBS, Pitch Bend Sensitivity
- GWL, Growl
- XSY, Cross-Synthesis