Both good and evil
|Moe Point||Both good and evil|
|Related Moe Points||antihero, multiple personality disorder|
A character being both good and evil is a moe point in ACG subculture.
Characters with this kind of trait usually give people a feeling of uncertainty, but it has to be said that the charisma of characters with this attribute always makes people so infatuated.
Characters in ACG with this archetype can usually be understood in the following categories:
- Split personality
- Such characters may be both good and evil due to having Multiple Personality Disorder. Usually, the main character of a character may be good/evil, but due to some reason, the personality splits, and it splits into a completely different kind of good/evil personality. As a result, this character looks "both good and evil". The most prominent example is Saga in Saint Seiya.
- Their own personality
- This kind of character is just behaving like this because of personality problems. It is usually very charming, and many people love it.
- Only shows their good/evil side to the protagonist, but the opposite to others
- Such characters may be friendly/hostile to the protagonist group, and the attitude towards others is diametrically opposite, this kind of character will give people a feeling of gap moe. This kind of character may be so friendly/hostile to the protagonist because it has a special relationship or past with the protagonist.
Characters with this trait
- Kitty Cheshire (Ever After High)
- Deadpool, Venom, Loki, Magneto (Marvel Comics)
- Vermouth (Detective Conan)
- Kurumi Tokisaki (Date A Live)
- Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index)
- Hiroya Fujimiya (Ultraman Gaia)
- Jugglus Juggler (Ultraman Orb)
- Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft series)