|Symbolic Characters||Taeko Adachi, Saori Okuyama|
|Related Moe Points||imoppoi, inakamusume, braids, red hair|
Freckles refer to the numerous dots on the face that resemble small eggs, and also are a moe point in ACG subculture. They are common in fair-skinned people.
The occurrence of freckles is multifaceted. In addition, it is also related to the living environment and genetic factors.
People with red hair are more likely to have freckles because of genetic reasons (the same is true in real life). Both Anne from Anne of Green Gables and Pippi from Pippi Longstocking are redheads and have freckles at the same time.
Sometimes the freckles in ACG works appear as passers-by and harlequins, but there are also a considerable number of heroes.
If there are too many freckles or too thick, they will generally affect the appearance. If the number of freckles is small, or lighter, and the distribution is properly matched, sometimes it will add a certain sense of beauty.
Most freckled people have the characteristics of being humble, coming from outside the city, or informal, full of vitality and so on.
Characters with this moe point
- Pollyanna (The Story of Pollyanna, Girl of Love)
- Yuniko Kozuki (Accel World)
- Saori Okuyama (THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls)
- Taeko Adachi (Sentimental Graffiti)
- Drothy Hyatt (The Legend of Heroes series)
- Kohran Li (Sakura Wars series)
- Mukuro Ikusaba (Danganronpa)
- Sasami (Tenchi Muyo!, Magical Girl Pretty Sammy)
- Lisbeth (Sword Art Online)
- Rebecca Hawkins (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Kurumi Nishina (Dōkyūsei)
- Matsuwa (Kantai Collection)
- Evie Frye (Assassins' Creed: Syndicate)